Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session Class Encryption

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'm trying to find out what security provider(s) CodeIgniter uses for its encryption. I have a rather unorthodox setup with CodeIgniter running on top of Quercus, which is a Java framework that interprets PHP into Java and runs in it the JVM. There are reasons outside my control for which I am doing this (contractual obligation to use PHP but working in a Java shop that wants the back end in Java). Long story short, I get the error below when trying to access the site after loading the CI Session class and I believe the problem is that I need to declare the appropriate security provider in my JRE configuration to match what CI uses.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Cannot find any provider supporting Rijndael256/ECB/NoPadding

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
A bit of updated information...

If I turn off session cookie encryption, the error does not occur (everything works fine). So I know it's not the md5() PHP function (although that's raw PHP so I would be surprised if that was the problem anyhow). Further, simply loading the encryption class does not cause any problems so it must be one of the encryption calls within the session class during session creation/update. Nothing unexpected but I thought I'd lay it out clearly anyways. I am still operating under the assumption that I need to identify the security provider and include it in my Java configuration.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB