Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Weird problem, not codeigniter related.

[eluser]gigas10[/eluser]
I'm have a weird issue, I have a system where people use a browse button to link documents from a network drive and other users can click the link and view the file. These files are all .doc files, no exceptions. The weird problem I am having is, when somebody clicks the link on the system, before the file opens in word, it says the file is locked out of edit mode and the only thing you can click is read-only. However, instead of telling you who the person is that is viewing the file it just says it's been locked by "another-user". This leaves me to believe that somehow the system is interfering with the way the word documents are being opened. This system has never seen this bug before, it's been running stable for 2 years and this just started yesterday with absolutely no change to the system or the sql tables. If anyone knows what might be causing this then I thank you in advance.

-Derrick

[eluser]gigas10[/eluser]
Oh ya forgot to mention, when you browse to the file through windows explorer and open it from there, it opens fine with no file locked notice. I think it has something to do with IE6, because this does not happen in firefox/safari.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB