Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[SOLVED]: Authorization and permissions

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
I know I know there are a lot of topics asking for what auth plugin to use. My issue is that I have this client that doesn't need a lot and I am trying to find a library that can do that and not to much more. Browsed around some, but there is nothing like the recommendation of someone that has used some before.

It's really simple:

- 2 levels of permission. 1 can access one sort of page, the other another.
- login + password
- No need to change any info
- No need to have users register, the accounts are assigned (like 4 or 5 accounts max)

Anyone know of a basic simple library like that? I really would like to just do a 'IF has_permission(level)' in the code. Smile

[eluser]Molchy[/eluser]
[quote author="Maglok" date="1268662015"]I know I know there are a lot of topics asking for what auth plugin to use. My issue is that I have this client that doesn't need a lot and I am trying to find a library that can do that and not to much more. Browsed around some, but there is nothing like the recommendation of someone that has used some before.

It's really simple:

- 2 levels of permission. 1 can access one sort of page, the other another.
- login + password
- No need to change any info
- No need to have users register, the accounts are assigned (like 4 or 5 accounts max)

Anyone know of a basic simple library like that? I really would like to just do a 'IF has_permission(level)' in the code. Smile[/quote]

Best way is to write it yourself ... it is simple Wink or use CMS system or create your own cms system Big Grin

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
I am not writing a CMS, it is an application to reserve and cancel study halls. Also I figure I could, but why reinvent something that might be out there and very easy to implement? Isn't that what we programmers do? Re-use bits? Smile

[eluser]Molchy[/eluser]
[quote author="Maglok" date="1268663304"]I am not writing a CMS, it is an application to reserve and cancel study halls. Also I figure I could, but why reinvent something that might be out there and very easy to implement? Isn't that what we programmers do? Re-use bits? Smile[/quote]

Yes they re-use, modify bits which exist ... but i think this kind of bit doesn't Big Grin it is too simple and i don't think some one build a lib. for it Big Grin

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
The most lightweight yet functional system out there is Ion Auth. It is essentially just a library and model, but the codebase contains example controllers, views, etc just to show you how it can be done.

Registration is part of the feature-set but if you don't invoke the method in any controller then it's not a problem.

Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
Neat Smile Thanks. Looking into that. Somewhere, someone, has written most things. Smile

EDIT: Yup this will do nicely. Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB