Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help for newbie please!

[eluser]LeMec[/eluser]
Hello,

I am trying to make a few changes to an existing open source product that uses codeigniter.

It is a point of sale application.

In the Sales interface, there is a drop down list that allows us to select a Method of payment for that sale along with a text box to enter an amount.

I need to change this functionality to allow multiple payments per sale until the total of payments is equal or greater than the sale total.

I am completly new with codeigniter and have a very basic knowledge of PHP!

Can someone here direct me a bit o where to start?

P.S I beleive that the Sale functionality for items in the sale is driven by the Cart class.

Many thanks.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Hi LeMec and welcome to the CI forums.

[quote author="LeMec" date="1268692802"]
In the Sales interface, there is a drop down list that allows us to select a Method of payment for that sale along with a text box to enter an amount.

I need to change this functionality to allow multiple payments per sale until the total of payments is equal or greater than the sale total.
[/quote]

I can't be sure - but it sounds like this might be a non-trivial change - on the view side as well as architecturally (going from anything that's designed to handle a single something, to multiple somethings).

Quote:I am completly new with codeigniter and have a very basic knowledge of PHP!

Can someone here direct me a bit o where to start?

P.S I beleive that the Sale functionality for items in the sale is driven by the Cart class.

This might not be the easiest (though it will certainly be very instructive!) way to learn CodeIgniter and hone your PHP skills.

The Cart function is relatively new in the CI codebase - can you check if the previous author used the CI Cart class or wrote their own? How much help can you get from the previous author?

I think you'll probably have to post some code at some point before anyone can offer you much help with the specifics, as your question is (obviously) pretty broad in nature.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB