Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Site Backend/Admin Section

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
Hello everyone,

First, I'm really glad I went with CI to develop this internal project, and I always look back at my previous structure, the one, I started without any framework, and thinking how messy and out of hand would've been If I didn't use CI.

Because of that I'm always trying every way to help other users on this forum with problems and questions.

Having said that,the project I'm currently working on has an admin section for doing several functions such as manage administrators, adding and removing certain other stuff, and all that is working just great, no complains.

However, on every page there is an email of a person, where the user clicks on it to email a person about a page problem, and I to store that in the database as part of configuration.

Now since that is needed on every view, do I read that into a session and use it or on every controller, I have to read it from database and display it.

Please tell me the best way of doing this, I did search the forum but unfortunately couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Howdi.

Yeah, I'd read that in during login, and stick it in session data and be done with it. It's unlikely that this email address will change very often, right? And if it does, you're not too fussed if users don't see the changed one until the next time they authenticate, right?

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
Hi Jedd thanks for your kind reply.

The email will not change that often, I would say maybe once every 6 moth or a year. So I think session would be a better way, Just not sure how those cms sites are loading and was curious.

Thanks

[eluser]iamzozo[/eluser]
Hi!

I'm creating a simple cms, and i'm curious, how you solve this "problem":
I realized besides i have different content types, all of the controllers do the same tasks (insert, delete, update). More like the lists, where is the only difference is the columns, but same tasks again: delete, order by column, insert, quickedit. It works, but i would like to extend it for more specific content types, eg.: polls where the statistics showns the bars..
So what would you do? Smile
Keep this (contents set up with only a config file) or create own controllers and views for contents (problem in this way is independency(specify every content related files) and redundancy(same tasks)) - cons: flexibility, no rules!?
I don't want to dive in and later stuck in the wrong way...Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB