Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MyClientBase 0.7.2 Released

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Yeah, so I said I'd not post notifications in here any more when I make a new release of MyClientBase available, but I'm apparently too much of a self-promotion whore... so here we go!

It's been a while since I've posted a release in here, so there are lots of good changes that have occurred recently. Here's a rundown of the very latest:

ENHANCEMENTS
- Added mcb_date_helper
- Added support for extra date formats
- Added language configuration to System Settings
- Added support for MPDF which provides UTF-8 support (See the PDF Plugins documentation page)
- Added Italian language support
- Implemented email functionality
- Improved invoice and client layout
- When using multiple tax rates, they can be assigned to the non-tax invoice amount or the previously taxed invoice amount
- Client records can now either be a person or a company; contact records can be added to each client record
- Added support for 2nd address line (Street address / Street address 2)
- Added Finnish language support
- Added Hungarian language support
- Added Polish language support
- Added Swedish language support

BUGFIXES
- Corrected some language references in a number of views
- Fixed display issue in installer for some IE browsers
- Corrected minor installer issue which would fail to insert a new default system setting
- Made a few corrections to the invoice amount adjustment model
- Fixed issue with quotes in client name field

CHANGES
- Changed all date($this->mdl_mcb_data->default_date_format references to format_date()
- Kindle notices now accept a method instead of a simple view to load for core and custom module system setting display
- Added $this->lang->line('myclientbase') to enable easy brand change
- Enabled the notes field on client form

Feel free to take it for a drive and let me know your thoughts (good and bad) - thanks!

[eluser]echoDreamz[/eluser]
- Implemented email functionality
Does this mean we can email client invoices?

Yep.

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
I wanted to let you guys know, that this peace of software is really good Smile

Everyone who can't remember whom/how much owns you etc, should try this invoice system. it's easy to use, and flexible enoughSmile

[eluser]geshan[/eluser]
Its really good, the way you have used HMVC to make modules plug able is great. If you can give a rundown on how you did it, it would be of great help.

[quote author="hugle" date="1269396881"]I wanted to let you guys know, that this peace of software is really good Smile

Everyone who can't remember whom/how much owns you etc, should try this invoice system. it's easy to use, and flexible enoughSmile[/quote]

Thanks Hugle Smile

[quote author="geshan" date="1269549485"]Its really good, the way you have used HMVC to make modules plug able is great. If you can give a rundown on how you did it, it would be of great help.[/quote]

Hi Geshan,

I hesitate to write any firm documentation on how the custom modules work just yet. I've still got some work to do on module integration and would like things to be a lot more "set in stone" before I commit to the documentation. Until then, you can check out the custom Tasks module that comes with MCB - between the code and the comments, it should provide a decent example of what's going on.

[eluser]geshan[/eluser]
I did not mean the whole thing as it is and in your words "set in stone" but a basic over view.

1. How have you used the routes?
2. How the HMVC is put in place?
3. Which Core CI libraries etc are replaced or overridden?
4. Which new libraries or helpers have helped to shape up the system?

5. basically if anyone who wants to start a new project based on HMVC what will you suggest on how to go about it? the modular and plug able architecture will help a lot.

6. In addition if there is use of ORM like Datamapper and what is the templating system like Ocular??

How is it done? I'll surely check the modules and the code comments, thanks. I'll love it if you can answer my above questions.

[quote author="geshan" date="1269554564"]
1. How have you used the routes?
[/quote]
HMVC provides a way to define where which folders are scanned for modules. I set 2 locations up - one is the default location, in which the core modules are stored and the other is a different location in which the custom modules are stored.
2. How the HMVC is put in place?
[/quote]
Not really sure how to answer this one. When you download HMVC, you just extract the files and place them in your application/libraries folder. Then create an application/modules folder, and populate with your different modules.
3. Which Core CI libraries etc are replaced or overridden?
[/quote]
I extended CI's model and modified the pagination class a bit. Other than that, it's pretty basic CI.
4. Which new libraries or helpers have helped to shape up the system?
[/quote]
Just HMVC.
5. basically if anyone who wants to start a new project based on HMVC what will you suggest on how to go about it? the modular and plug able architecture will help a lot.
[/quote]
http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Modular_Extensions_-_HMVC/
6. In addition if there is use of ORM like Datamapper and what is the templating system like Ocular??
[/quote]
No ORM and no templating systems.

[eluser]GDmac - expocom[/eluser]
I saw on your website that some bugs/features are in the (upcoming) 0.7.5 release. Do you have a beta or test-version up on github or somewhere for us to test out? First impressions are great!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB