Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Message: session_start() [function.session-start]: ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/shared/sessions) failed:

[eluser]apaunganhote[/eluser]
Hello,

I built up my script with codeigniter framework and I got this error sometimes. It's okie on my localhost, it's only got in live server. Here is the error

Message: session_start() [function.session-start]: ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/shared/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13)

I think it's somehow related with permission issue. But I don't know where that /shared/sessions folder located.

Can you all please point out the fix for me ? Thanks much!

Hello,

Thanks for the reply jeremyapp. Yes, I am on shared hosting. Do i need to create ticket to hosting about this issue ? Can anyone please confirm me that, is it not related with CI ? Thanks again.

With Regards,

[eluser]narkaT[/eluser]
you could try wo workaround that issue by changing the session_save_path.
additionally you can prevent server side session hijacking when saving the sessions into
a folder in your doc-root Wink

don't forget to make the session folder inaccessible through the webserver.

[quote author="narkaT" date="1226588692"]you could try wo workaround that issue by changing the session_save_path.
additionally you can prevent server side session hijacking when saving the sessions into
a folder in your doc-root Wink

don't forget to make the session folder inaccessible through the webserver.[/quote]

Hi, Thanks for the great info. I will try it. But I want to know that part.

Code:
Message: session_start() [function.session-start]: ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/shared/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13)

Is that /shared/sessions path is created by CI or hosting ? I tried to find that /shared/sessions at CI framework ? I can't find it. Thanks.

[eluser]rreynier[/eluser]
Did you ever come up with a solution? I am also having this problem with my shared hosting.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB