Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Class MY_Controller not found

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Same what? Are elephants falling out of your computer?

You need to put MY_Controller into /application/core as it's a core library.

By the sounds of it 1.7.2 might be a better option for you.

[eluser]Mareshal[/eluser]
Did you say somewhere in this thread, THAT I SHOULD PUT MY_Controller.php in /core ? NO

Yeah, I put it right there, in my post...

offtopic: why are you arrogant?

I blame society. :down:

Incredible, a windows crash, restart, restart xampp and it works. yes, Microsoft is awesome in solving CI Bugs Smile)

Btw, MY_Controller is the only name I can put? Trying MY_Backend and seems like it doesn't work.

MY_Controller extends the Controller class.

MY_Backend would extend a Backend class, which obviously doesn't exist.

I wrote an article showing how you can create named base controllers.

Your issue on BitBucket has been closed as it was a duplicate of an existing resolved issue.

Finally, I am very glad to hear Microsoft fixed your problem.

[eluser]oldtarnfeld[/eluser]
Thanks Phil! You know that you guys in CI 2.0 have made such a difference with the structure, it's so much better. Keeping a "core" which a set of packages for eg: a "shop" or a "blog" or whatever is so much easier – I can just keep the system folder under a seperate repo and have it as an external - thank yooo! Keep up the good work Smile

Also – You should make it a little more obvious in the config file that these classes need to go into the core/ folder now :-)

[eluser]oldtarnfeld[/eluser]
I just realised that it goes in /app/core :-( Would be really nice if it checked in /system/core and then /app/core if it didn't find one :-(

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB