Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is it OK to start building new appz in CI 2 ?

[eluser]Pokhara[/eluser]
hi frens

is it ok to start develop new apps in CI 2 ?

[eluser]AgentPhoenix[/eluser]
CI 2 is still changing quite a bit, so I wouldn't recommend it, but if you really want to get a headstart, there's nothing stopping you from doing it.

[eluser]Werner85[/eluser]
Will the apps I create with 1.7x be compatible with 2.0?
Or do I need to start all over again?

[eluser]Mareshal[/eluser]
If you'll read the changelog and upgrade notices, you'll be fine. Nothing's changed so badly. Honestly I made an experiment with my application. Replaced all CI 1.7.2 files with CI 2.0, and everything worked, except my captcha. Smile

[eluser]Werner85[/eluser]
Wow thumbs up for the fast reply...

Ok so at this moment nothing big has changed. But since it's still beta a lot of things can change. Or did they promise everything will be backwards compatible?

Won't be much changes, read this: http://philsturgeon.co.uk/news/2010/03/codeigniter-2

Fast replay huh? I have gmail checker addon on my browser, which is checking my emails every 1 minute Tongue

[eluser]sheldonnbbaker[/eluser]
I know everyone's hush-hush about it, but is at least a beta release expected by year's end?

I think until year's end will be the final version, anyway I am using it for current projectsSmile

[eluser]sheldonnbbaker[/eluser]
Splendid - I'm gonna try it out when I get home today - some cool new features I'm stoked about.

As long as a stable release is out by the time I'm ready to release my new project, of course.

[eluser]Mischievous[/eluser]
Thats what i've been curious about... im looking at starting a new project and was bouncing back on fourth on weather or not to start in CI2.0 or CI1.72? Im looking at finishing the project by july?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB