Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is Code Igniter a good choice for building a social networking site????

[eluser]nikhil_22[/eluser]
Hi all i need your opinions .I am thinking of using the code igniter framework to build a niche social networking site..Please give your feedback/suggestions as it will be useful for me..

Thanks

The website would be around 50-60 pages....will also include some eCommerce part....

[eluser]tomdelonge[/eluser]
Uh, I'm pretty sure if someone is on this forum, they most likely think using codeigniter is a useful thing...

Yes Codeigniter would be good for a project like yours. eCommerce will probably have a lot of database interaction, and codeigniter's database class does well.

I might also suggest Datamapper Overzealous Edition. It helps with development a ton. It has a slight learning curve, and I admit there's still parts of it I don't use/understand.

Overall, Codeigniter is good for most projects, regardless of their size.

Hope that helps.

I am pretty much a newbie in the industry ....i need to choose something that is easy to work on also...i have been working on CI for bout 6 months and i am liking all the features....Thanks a lot for ur opinion ..Even i feel since there is going to be a lot of db interaction CI is a good option....and + CI is easy to learn ...

more comments are welcome Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB