Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CMS the future and the present

[eluser]Blaze Boy[/eluser]
Website builder is an original idea of mine, it consist of simple concept that could be generalized to build any website.

The Idea

Any website consist of pages, these pages are a tree hierarchy structure.
Pages have permissions, e.g. some users can see the page and others cannot.
Every page has contents that might be seen in its subpages too.
The content is a piece of PHP code that generate HTML block.
Content could contain cells, and these cells can contain sub contents inside them.
Content has permissions, e.g who see it? , who edit it? , who add content inside it…etc.
The website could be converted to edit mode online to add, edit, delete, pages/contents.
Website must have packages of PHP codes that work together as an application, e.g. file editor, database viewer, image editor…etc.
Applications have permissions for usage.
Decision decision decision…

The past points will enable you to make whatever site you want, looking at it, you’ll see the same idea of CMS applications, with extra features like:

Applications instead of full backend, this will make your site one piece and you’ll get very tight to your site instead of the crystal ball of a control panel far away of the event site.
Editing online should be easy as Igoogle, netvibes, blogspot layout editing page; this will give you all the power you need to assemble your site from components.
Permissions for every component are the best policy you can find to build a web application.
Now you have to decide what tools you’ll need to bring this idea to reality.

You need a MVC framework (in our case PHP framework) i choose: CodeIgniter.
JavaScript UI components, like Dojo, EXTjs, jquery UI, and make sure that the UI components are sufficient for your application, I choose EXTjs.
Important note: make sure that your programming framework supports: theming, MVC pattern, object oriented database abstraction layer.

For More Reading the original article: http://www.blazeboy.com/wordpress/2010/0...e-present/

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
I would like to redirect you to http://drupal.org/ which has everything you just summed up ready for you to use. Please don't use this forum to promote your own blog.

[eluser]Blaze Boy[/eluser]
i thought an article about codeigniter should put here for benefit nothing more

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB