Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session data gets overwritten

[eluser]solefald[/eluser]
My apologies if this has been asked before.... My browser (Chromium) crashes every time I try to to the forum search.

Anyway, I am working on a small project and currently trying to implement basic user management.

user logs in, and if he/she has admin permissions, they are able to add a new user. The problem, however,
is then they fill the form to add a new user and hit "Submit", their session data gets overwritten with the
data of the new user they've just added.....

Here is the login function. As you can see I am setting "loggedInAs" cookie, which is their email address:

Code:
function logMeIn()
    {

$this->simpleloginsecure->login($this->input->post('user_email'), $this->input->post('password'));
        $this->session->set_userdata('loggedInAs', $this->input->post('user_email'));

header('Location: /blahblah');

}

Then there is a function to validate the add user form and add info to the database (i did some changes to SimpleLoginSecure to allow me to set First name, Last name and "is_admin" y/n flag). The data gets submitted from a simple form, and i tried to change form field names not to match anything else.

Code:
function doAddUser()
    {
        $this->load->library('form_validation');
        $this->form_validation->set_rules('new_user_email', '"Email"', 'required');
        $this->form_validation->set_rules('new_password', '"Password"', 'required|min_length[6]|matches[passconf]');
        $this->form_validation->set_rules('passconf', '"Confirm Password"', 'required|min_length[6]');

if ($this->form_validation->run() == FALSE):
            $this->load->view('header');
             $this->load->view('user_add');
            $this->load->view('footer');

else:
            $this->simpleloginsecure->create($this->input->post('new_user_email'),
                                                 $this->input->post('new_password'),
                                                $this->input->post('new_user_fname'),
                                                $this->input->post('new_user_lname'),
                                                $this->input->post('new_is_admin'),
                                                $auto_login = true);

$this->load->model('db_model');
            $data['data_rows'] = $this->db_model->getAll();

$this->load->view('header');
             $this->load->view('user_admin', $data);
            $this->load->view('footer');

endif;

This adds the user, but for some strange reason, my session data in the database gets overwritten by the data of the new user i just created.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? Am i missing something here? Do i also have to use set_cookie() in addition to $this->session->ser_userdata( ?

Thank you!
-i

[eluser]solefald[/eluser]
Ah! Never mind! I just figured it out.

I overlooked the $autologin = true setting in $this->simpleloginsecure->create(),

which forced me to re-login as the freshly created user.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB