Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Best IDE for CI

[eluser]jiffier[/eluser]
How do you mount it? NFS? I don't own the server, so it's not likely to be an option. I also tried ftpfs for linux, but it is really slow. Maybe worth another try.
Under windows, you can mount ftp filesystems. But when you create a "New project with existing sources" on Netbeans, you will get the popup to select the location. I can get to the mount point, but under that popup, files or directories are not shown, so It's a dead end Sad
Its a pity, there are many alternatives but none of them seems to be 100% reliable Sad

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
I don't know what OS you are using but I just do 'Places->connect to server', select FTP, put credentials, et voila, a mounted FTP Server. Running Ubuntu 9.10.

[eluser]jiffier[/eluser]
I'm using kubuntu 9.10. I also can mount ftp filesystems that way, but if you open a terminal window, and do a "mount" or "df", you will see it's not really mounted anywhere (i.e /mnt/ftp or some other real directory that Netbeans can reach).

[eluser]egbertwietses[/eluser]
How about Aptana?

[eluser]jiffier[/eluser]
I haven't tried it. Well, I donwloaded the demo, but it gave a CRC error while gunzipping Smile

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
I think, that there are no best IDE for CI. I'm using NetBeans btw. You should search about best IDE for PHP.

[eluser]Bart v B[/eluser]
[quote author="jiffier" date="1270670628"] About E-Texteditor/Textmate, I've never understood the hype. They are as useful as notepad to me, to be honest Smile[/quote]

As what i said before depence what you need aboute a php IDE. AutoComplete? Or need right code synthax?
On Ubuntu i always used Gedit, just simple and clean. Wink
By the way.. you can connect remote with E-texteditor/Textmate
When you make a mistake, i think it's better to learn the synthaxes then to be depended on a php IDE.
(read the manual Wink )
True, when i was learning it was simple, to have a tool to give me hints, but did i learn from it?
No, i learned the hard way... Writing my code by hand. Wink (i started with Zend Studio)

And i agree, there is no perfect php IDE, Not for php, and not for CI partially, it still to slow in my opionion..

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
Well the only real IDE is VIM but it takes ages to master, and who has time for that these days?

[eluser]Mat-Moo[/eluser]
I've started using RapidPhP - might even buy it Smile Found quite a few editors to be total bloatware!Would love better support for frameworks in the ide though.

[eluser]Jelmer[/eluser]
I gave NetBeans another try this week and I must admit I like it a lot.

But to those questioning the use of e-Texteditor, which I have used for a long time: There are a couple of very handy features I haven't been able to find in NB (but maybe I've missed them):
- Word wrap & Smart word wrap (the latter wraps leaving the left indentation intact)
- Column selection (make a verticle selection and edit multiple lines at the same time)
- Give PHP code a different background color than HTML code (I know the color coding in NB, but I can't do this in NB as far as I could find - and I loved this about e)
- Easy encoding/line-encodig/bom-marker conversion at the bottom right of the screen (which I use mainly for checking if everything is set correctly)

Of course NetBeans is on the whole a lot more powerfull. But e-Texteditor is a pretty good product for very little money which I've used for over 2 years now. Comparing it to Notepad is nonsense with features like those mentioned above, color-coding, project plane (based on filesystem or remote directory through ftp), powerfull search&replace;, code completion and
many plugins.

I think I'll make my move to NetBeans permanent, but it is not without some nostalgic feelings towards e-Texteditor. (which will remain on my system for quick edits)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB