Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter 2 will still support php4?

[eluser]ajsie[/eluser]
i wonder if they will move entirely to php5 with codeigniter 2 or will they still support php4?

isn't it time to move on and no compromise?

[eluser]Bart v B[/eluser]
I hope that it is just php5.
Why should you have software using that is EOL?

[eluser]ajsie[/eluser]
but cant one already now see in their source code in bitbucket if php4 is involved or if it's entirely php5?

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
Support for PHP4 is deprecated in CodeIgniter 2.

[eluser]ajsie[/eluser]
the word deprecated means that you can still use it, but its not recommended.

but in this case, do you really mean its DEPRECATED or it's completely REMOVED?

[eluser]erik.brannstrom[/eluser]
Quote:PHP 4 support is deprecated. Features new to 2.0.0 may not support PHP 4, and all legacy features will no longer support PHP 4 as of 2.1.0.

This is taken directly from the user guide for 2.0, meaning features that are currently available in 1.7.2 will still be compatible with PHP4 however any new features will not necessarily be supported. Also, it seems all PHP4 support will be removed as of 2.1.

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
I've been over to BitBucket, and tried looking for the 2.0 files but can't find them. I'm not familiar with the way BitBucket works. Can somebody please post a link to the 2.0 files.

[eluser]ajsie[/eluser]
when will v2 be released, roughly assessed?

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]
[quote author="skunkbad" date="1270976537"]I've been over to BitBucket, and tried looking for the 2.0 files but can't find them. I'm not familiar with the way BitBucket works. Can somebody please post a link to the 2.0 files.[/quote]

Try this thread

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
CI 2.0 will be released when it's ready. Most of CI 2.0 will work with PHP 4, but moving forwards PHP 4 support will drop very quickly. Upgrade now and get your 1.7.2 apps working in PHP 5 then when CI 2.0 is released you will save yourselves a massive ballache.

Before anyone says "awww but why?!??!11": ssh. Complaining will not get PHP 4 support back, nor should you want or need it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB