Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hide controller name

[eluser]Dauntless[/eluser]
Hi,

How can I hide the controller name?

Fe, I have the site http://www.mydomain.com which has a main controller: 'main'. I don't want the people to have to go to mydomain.com/main/contact (fe), but just mydomain/contact (since 'main' is the controller that represents the main site).

I've already hidden the index.php through htaccess. I'm guessing I have to look at the routing options? Any help would be grate Smile

Greets!

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
Use the routing feature is the only way..... Ciao

[eluser]wemago[/eluser]
see the user guide, u'll get everything about routing.

u should do something like this
Code:
$route['NameYouWantUserToSee'] = 'YourController/Function';

That would mean that I would have to create a route entry for every method I have. Isn't there a way so that I can say:

"If the first segment isn't main or admin, place 'main' in front of segments" ?

[eluser]barbazul[/eluser]
Try this one

$route['admin(.*)'] = 'admin$1'; // Anything that starts with 'admin' remains the same
$route['(.*)'] = 'main/$1'; // Anything else is redirected to main/..

That seems to do a pretty good job, Thanks!!

(Although I did have to add one line, so that links with 'main' already in it, stay the same. It's the same as the admin - line, but adjusted for 'main').

What kind of technique is this exactly? Are these regex's ? If not, this technique should be added to the routing-documentation...

Thanks!

[eluser]barbazul[/eluser]
jajajaj the "weird" technique is nothing else but a simple regex.

URI Routing

Although it's documented, It doesn't specify that whatever rules you set must match the ENTIRE uri string since the rule is appended between ^ and $ (begin and end symbols)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB