Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Text Editor

[eluser]stormbytes[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1271770235"]

Currently 6.8 supports a fair deal of auto-complete and you can add more CodeIgniter specific support yourself. 7.0 will support auto-complete for almost all the CodeIgniter framework out of the box.

I wrote an article on why you should try NetBeans.[/quote]

Phil!

I'm your biggest (new) fan! Smile

Loved your tutorial on RESTful & CI on NetTuts!

But I digress...

Where is this supposed 'support' for CI & code completion in NetBeans? I'm no fanatic NB user, but I've looked high-and-low for the slightest hint and found none. Could you please point me in the right direction?

[eluser]vaff[/eluser]
I just use TextMate :/

[eluser]bl00dshooter[/eluser]
[quote author="vaff" date="1291994427"]I just use TextMate :/[/quote]

Second that. It doesn't offer autocomplete, but that is OK for me.

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
NuSphere PhpED is probably the best PHP IDE you will ever come across, followed by a close second to phpDesigner.

[eluser]stormbytes[/eluser]
[quote author="bl00dshooter" date="1291996162"][quote author="vaff" date="1291994427"]I just use TextMate :/[/quote]

Second that. It doesn't offer autocomplete, but that is OK for me.[/quote]

Auto-complete is gay. Textmate offers bundles which blow autocomplete out of the water. With bundles you can not only mimic autocomplete, but you can setup entire scripts along with specific cursor behaviors. Setup entire classes with variables & methods in a few key strokes.

No contest.

[eluser]Jason Tan Boon Teck[/eluser]
Since you're using gedit, I presume that you are using Linux. I use gphpedit.

[eluser]prince1001[/eluser]
I'm using Netbeans also

[eluser]natefons[/eluser]
netbeans as well.

like someone posted, you can add some hack fixes to netbeans to support CI (though it doesnt always work..)

the biggest thing i like about netbeans is the fact that it finds syntax errors in your code real time.
helps out alot when your writing rather fast.

also, netbeans has built in code complete for default php functions, as well as functions with PHPDoc.

[eluser]umbongo[/eluser]
[quote author="stormbytes" date="1292047728"]Textmate offers bundles which blow autocomplete out of the water. With bundles you can not only mimic autocomplete, but you can setup entire scripts along with specific cursor behaviors. Setup entire classes with variables & methods in a few key strokes.[/quote]I would be interested in hearing more about this..

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
I use PHPDeveloper and Webuilder 2010

InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB