Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Text Editor

[eluser]$ilovephp[/eluser]
I am tired using gEdit as my text editor in developing a website with CodeIgniter. Is there any text editor that is specially created for codeIgniter? If there is, could any one share it here please?

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
There is no IDE created specifically for CodeIgniter, as that would be pretty damn pointless. CodeIgniter is PHP with a fair chunk of OOP inheritance. The best IDE to represent that (which I have used) is NetBeans.

Currently 6.8 supports a fair deal of auto-complete and you can add more CodeIgniter specific support yourself. 7.0 will support auto-complete for almost all the CodeIgniter framework out of the box.

I wrote an article on why you should try NetBeans.

[eluser]pmsfo[/eluser]
I Searched for that too, the only that uses i litle bit of codeigniter librarys is

PHPdesigner.

Best Regards

http://www.newitperson.com/

[eluser]keithics[/eluser]
I am using PHPDesigner.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
I am using phpDesigner as well. Parses all of the files, and provides auto hints/completions. Like Phil mentioned, I have good hopes for Netbeans 7.0. With 6.8, I wish I didn't have to use a "hack" to declare each method for code completion to work. I would also be nice if Netbeans didn't create it's own folder inside of each project.

[eluser]DynamiteN[/eluser]
Try use E-texteditor, then just google for a codeigniter bundle, dont think there is a newere bundle then 1.6.3 right now , but seems to work quite good..
e-texteditor is the windows choise for mac's textmate Smile

[eluser]Jelmer[/eluser]
@pickupman

You can make NetBeans put its own folder somewhere other then within the project folder when creating the project.
Also you can sometimes help code-completion along using PHPDoc comments with each function, which I wouldn't consider "hacking". Though I would agree it's far from perfect.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
[quote author="Jelmer" date="1271799254"]@pickupman

You can make NetBeans put its own folder somewhere other then within the project folder when creating the project.
Also you can sometimes help code-completion along using PHPDoc comments with each function, which I wouldn't consider "hacking". Though I would agree it's far from perfect.[/quote]

Thanks for the folder tip Jelmer. Maybe I'll revisit Netbeans again. PHPDoc comments are a must. It's certainly handy when you do some maintenance on some code, and have the comments pop up are helpful to knock off the rust, or save time looking up the API.

[eluser]pmsfo[/eluser]
May be this help i little.

http://rhasan.com/blog/2009/09/codeignit...-netbeans/

[eluser]John Madrigal[/eluser]
I personally use Aptana. Not the newer version that requires the PDT plugin, but Aptana 1.5, with Aptana's built in PHP plugin. You might be able to find the plugin as a separate download to it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB