Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
possible to make codeigniter work with another framework?

[eluser]ajsie[/eluser]
the situation is this.

my client (who also is a programmer) asks me to develop an address book (with mysql database) with a lot of functions. then he can interact with some class methods i provide for him. kinda like an API.

the situation is that the address book application is getting bigger and bigger, and i feel like its way better to use CodeIgniter to code it with MVC.

i wonder if i can use codeigniter, then in some way give him the access to controller methods.

eg. in a controller there are some functions u can call with the web browser.

Code:
public function create_contact($information) {..}

public function delete_contact($id) {..}

public function get_contact($id) {..}
however, these are just callable from web browser. how can i let my client have access to these functions like an API?

then in his own application he can use:

Code:
$result = $address_book->create_contact($information);
if($result) {
    echo "Success";
}
$contact = $address_book->get_contact($id);

in this way, my controller methods are handling the in and out with the Models. there will be no views, cause i just have to return the data/result from the Models. and he can just use my "API" functions.

is this possible?

cause i just know how to access the controller methods with the webbrowser. and i guess its not an option for him to use header(location) to access them.

all suggestions to make this possible are welcomed! even other approaches to let me use CI to develop. perhaps there already are best practices regarding this kind of cross framework collaboration?

thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB