Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI_Session Variable crossover in IE8

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
So you don't use the database backend of the Session library, you store everything in the session cookie? You have to store it somewhere, your session variables disappear once the processing of the http request is finished...

A refresh of the session ID shouldn't have an influence on the contents of the session record. It's just an extra security measure.

[eluser]kheiron[/eluser]
What you have said is interesting
Quote:$newdata = array(
'user_id' => $id,
'name' => $name,
'surname' => $surname,
'type' => $type
);
$this->session->set_userdata($newdata);
thats how I store the session data
and this is how I retrieve it
Quote:$this->session->userdata('user_id')

this is how I check if someone is logged in...
Quote:if (!$this->session->userdata('user_id')) {
redirect('authenticate');
}

is there anything wrong with that? It has been working fine all along. Please advice

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
No, this looks fine to me.

However, I'm still clueless as to how userA can receive the session information of userB. We've established that both users receive a unique session_id, which would indicate that there is no session cookie issue client-side or with the proxy they use.

So do both sessions contain the correct user information (that why I asked to dump the entire session record instead of only the ID)? If yes, then you must have a logic error in your application when processing the session information. If they are wrong, we have to look to how you handle your sessions.

[eluser]kheiron[/eluser]
All the session data displays the correct information. I dont know how it managed to cross the session variables over but using the native session class seems to have solved the problem, I am aware of session cookie problems in IE due to different time stamps but this one is a first. I will do some more trials and report back here with my findings

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'm having the same issue. Has anyone resolved this? thank you!

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
This has to be a coding problem! I would check your user id's because that is probably where your picking up your errors.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB