Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
release free or for money?

[eluser]Gewa[/eluser]
Hi there,
just loosed some 1.5 year to make a social networking script on codeigniter very similar to phpFox , classmates.com or facebook.
Now I want to make some social networks for me and also profit from the code. WHat you will advise? To release the 1st versions free then to make it for money or?
Has anybody experience on selling Scripts?
Any advice discussion would be fine!
Tell me profis what to do

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Hey Gewa,

Are you wanting to start this as a website or just sell/release the code?

[eluser]Gewa[/eluser]
I want make 2-3 social networks on my code + sell the code. First I know how. Second still thinking. From one hand to give out free the work of 1,5 year unsleepy nights is not so easy, when the pocket is not full.
So I nead a strategy how to make the script popular and begin to sell immediately....

Gewa,

I think you might have a hard market selling that script as most people that would want it would be programmers themselves unless it is a fully automated system that an end user could setup his entire site with without any programming knowledge.

My first thought would be maybe a hosted solution and then you display ads for the free account and get rid of the ads if they pay.

[eluser]Gewa[/eluser]
Hosted solution?
You mean I install I deploy, and they pay if they want get rid of ads? Who is owning the network?

You install, they deploy through your UI and you pay for the hosting and stuff and hopefully make your money back through ads and people that pay.

Just an idea, there are many ways to do this and it's really all up to you.

[eluser]Gewa[/eluser]
what is a less-coding way to do that? Smile))

some clouding, or?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB