Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter 1.7.3?

[eluser]the jan[/eluser]
Hi!

I used to work with the latest CI trunk from SVN and now also switched over to Mercurial. I know how to select a specific tagged version (I have a 2.0 and a 1.7.2 directory/repository). How do I get the fixes specific to 1.7.2 (which would be 1.7.3) without using 2.0, which has been really buggy for me (I have a problem using my models with 2.0)?

Thanks,
Jan

[eluser]Mareshal[/eluser]
Strange, because I an using 2.0 since they moved, in real projects, and I had no problems at all. everything is fine.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="the jan" date="1272996249"]Hi!

I used to work with the latest CI trunk from SVN and now also switched over to Mercurial. I know how to select a specific tagged version (I have a 2.0 and a 1.7.2 directory/repository). How do I get the fixes specific to 1.7.2 (which would be 1.7.3) without using 2.0, which has been really buggy for me (I have a problem using my models with 2.0)?

Thanks,
Jan[/quote]

I can understand the frustration here since bugs for all the 1.7.2 bugs I notice are merged into the 2.0 branch, meaning that I still have to hack my 1.7.2 core files or make a MY_ to replace it.

Just hack your own 1.7.2 changes that you have seen in the Changeset list, then dump a clean 2.0 over the top when it reaches stable.

[quote author="Mareshal" date="1273002741"]Strange, because I an using 2.0 since they moved, in real projects, and I had no problems at all. everything is fine.[/quote]

If you have been using CodeIgniter 2.0 since it was released with no problems then your applications either don't do much or were not fully tested. Several large bugs have been fixed since then, and although it is much more stable recently I would still not recommend using it for live projects: hence why PyroCMS is still on 1.7.2.

[eluser]Mareshal[/eluser]
Quote:If you have been using CodeIgniter 2.0 since it was released with no problems their your applications either don't do much or were not fully tested. Several large bugs have been fixed since then, and although it is much more stable recently I would still not recommend using it for live projects: hence why PyroCMS is still on 1.7.2.
[/quote]
You misunderstood. Every project I develop, I make updates for it for at least 6 months since that applications becomes public.

There are bugs that I can't find on development, and if he finds them, he's reporting to me and I keep patching his script. Also I update his CodeIgniter periodically depending on which bugs have been fixed.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB