Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Strange page load time delays JavaScript

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am having some issues with strange page load delays before JavaScript is initialized. Basically what will happen is all of the page content will load but the browser hangs at "Transferring data from www.domainname.com". This wouldn't be a problem except some important JavaScript functions do not initialize until the loading is complete.

The Codeigniter profiler does not show any abnormal load times (< 1 second), and I have taken steps to combine and compress external JavaScript. Still about 2 out of 10 page refreshed will have this problem. What really strikes me as odd is that FireBug shows all resources have been loaded and it is waiting on the controller which in this case is '/' (see attached screenshot). This first made me think there was something wrong with the code in my controller, but again the profiler is not showing long load times.

The URL for the site I'm working on is http://www.usavebig.net I am really at a loss as to what this might be, so any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB