Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'm using WAMP as a web development environment and have been developping PHP for over a year like this. Call me a masochist, but I'm using Dreamweaver CS3 as my favorite editor. I've used Eclipse, but I find it too resource hungry and slow. I use it rarely.

I started using CodeIgniter a few weeks ago, and am having a blast with it. I love it!

But yesterday, something strange hapenened. I opened a new site I,m working on with CodeEclipse, and right away, even before I saved anything, the site stopped working in IE, Google Chrome but it works in Firefox!!! My site is on my Localhost.

The error Chrome gives me is:

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.

Internet Explorer:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

I have done some reverse engineering to try to find where the problem is. If I install a clean version of Codeigniter, it works perfectly. But as soon as I start to install my Models, the error message is back.

Never had this in PHP before. Could it be related to my Apache Ini file?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jean-Eric Henault

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
After 2 days of "reverse-engineering", probably a newby mistake:

class User_model extends Model{

function user_model(){
parent::Model();

$this->load->model('form_model');
----->>>> $this->load->model('user_model');
$currentPath = site_url() . substr(uri_string(), 1);

}

Check the offending line. I hope it can help others.

Thanks everybody! Smile

[eluser]2SG[/eluser]
Hi, i have a very similar problem..

Imagine a HTML Frameset where the left frame is the navigation menu and the right frame the content.

In IE, when i try to open the link to my Codeigniter-app the error "This Website cannot be displayed" is shown. Strange thing is, when i open my app directly in IE, so without frames, it works. Every other browser also can open the app via frameset, no problem.

I had a look in the CI error logs, but there are no informations about errors, log (level 4) shows as if the app would have loaded successfully.

So is it a problem of my app or is it a bug in IE when opening a CI app via frame? Tongue

I checked my models for the bug you had in, but everything is ok there.

Its very strange!! Opening the app via frame works only IF i opened the app directly in IE before. If i restart IE and try to open the app via frame, it does not work again.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
IE cookies will not work with frames!

Also frames are dead hardily anyone use them anymore.

InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB