Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter in Higher Ed

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

I'm about to start a job as developer and designer for a community college. The site is on a LAMP server and I'd like to incorporate CodeIgniter. My concern is that I don't know how large-scale CI can go. The site is over a thousand pages and will run a CMS that may or may not be Expression Engine, used by professors and students alike.

Thoughts? Need more info?

Thanks,
Ray

[eluser]carvingCode[/eluser]
You first need to know more about the scope of the requirements and what CMS is used. Assuming that the CMS is currently handling the load well, what is it you need to do additionally with CI?

[eluser]Ty Bex[/eluser]
From my experience, CI should not have much of direct effect on performance or capacity.
Performance and capacity are a direct relation to Custom code, Web Content, Number of users, Activity of users and hardware.

There are a number of methods that you can use to improve performance with CI, Code and Conent and if all else fails then it may just be a hardware scaling issue.

If you run into "SLOWNESS" issues it comes down find the root cause.

I am about to launch CI on a server that has a couple thousand unique visitors a day with tens of thousands of page hits per day. This is on a dedicated server that is 2 years old. I am not concerned about CI causing issues, I am more concerned about the size of the content that I am displaying to the user.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB