Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
More verbose error handling?

[eluser]kylemac[/eluser]
I am working on migrating my application from my local machine to my new VPS. The application works like a dream locally, but on my server I get a persistent 404 error.

My first question is how do I get my errors to be a little more verbose, so that I can track the issue? Is this possible?

Secondly, is this a familiar issue? I have tested this in both apache and nginx, and I get the same 404 error for both.

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
Apache/nginx 404 or CI 404?

If going from a windows machine to a *nix machine issue is most often case sensitivity

[eluser]kylemac[/eluser]
I'm getting the CI 404, which suppresses my apache/nginx error_logs - is there a way to trace the error from within CI? when I change the public/index.php to something like phpinfo() it works just fine, but when using the CI code, I get the 404...

I am migrating from mac osx to nginx (I'm up for apache too, just on nginx at the moment) - So I don't believe case sensitivity is the issue.

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
You can raise the log_threshold in config.php to 4, but that's about it without getting your hands dirty

[eluser]kylemac[/eluser]
I've raised the threshold to 4 as well as defined my path = "home/deploy/public_html/project/shared/log/"

do I need to specify a file that it writes too? or are there any permissions or files that need to be created. I am not seeing any log being created

[eluser]llogo[/eluser]
Check the .htaccess specially in linux if ur are coping the files it doesn't show up because is hidden

[eluser]kylemac[/eluser]
Can anyone give me more information on how the CI logging works? I have set the threshold to 4 and set the path of the log. The folder is writeable, but I am not seeing any file be written. Do I need to create the file, if so - what is the filename?

I really would like to be able to trace the controller delegation and lookups in the app, but this is my first experience with CI and I have yet to run into any errors, until this migration.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Must be something wrong, because a threshold of 4 and a writeable log directory is all it takes to fill your disk with log entries.

You could check the error log of your webserver to see if there is any indication of the problem.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB