Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Please Verify Is this statement true or false - "Don't use raw codes or queries. It will make slow and buggy. Please avo

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Is this statement is true or false that raw code and queries make your project slow and buggy.Is Internally C.I do not convert C.I customized function to raw PHP code and SQL Queries, Actually this is the statement told by Code Igniter Expert.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
This statement as such doesn't say much.

What is the context? Where are you not supposed to use 'raw code' (whatever that means)?

With regards to SQL, you code would be a bit cleaner and certainly more portable if you use CI's active record methods instead of hardcoded queries, but maybe portability is not a requirement.
I wouldn't immediatly say it would make your project "buggy", and certainly not slower, as you run a less CI code when you don't use the active record methods to build a query.

If the statement was a comparison between using CI's database layer and using the native PHP database functions, you would add quite a bit of complexity to your programs, which would make it more error prone and difficult to debug. But still it doesn't mean your project will be buggy per definition, it just means you have to spend more time thinking, designing, codeing and debugging.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB