Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Wildcard email to act to add a form

[eluser]JamieBarton[/eluser]
Hi guys,

Just wondering how i'd go about doing the following and if anyone could push me in the right direction maybe to a website or guide somewhere, or even what I'm trying to do is called and if it 'wildcard'.

I want my users to be able to set a 4 digit pin number, and with that pin they're able to send a Photo attachment to 'username.pin#@mywebsite.com'.

Obviously their username being their username and the pin number that is stored in their profile. The pin can be changed at anytime, and so can their username. That I imagine being easy to do.

What I need help and pushing in the right direction is how do I set-up these e-mail's when a new user signs up to my site..

Any help would be great.

Thanks guys Smile

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
I do something similar for our email-to-forum interface.

I have configured the mail server to forward all email to [email protected] to a single mailbox, which I read using the POP3 module from PEAR (I use a cronjob to do this in the background). I haven't had time to write a proper CI library for it, but maybe one is already available (check the wiki).
Using the methods to retrieve message header information I retrieve who send it, and for which forum it's destined. I then validate it, get the text and the attachments out, and create a forum post.

Should be fairly simple to make what you want.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB