Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Auction System for Codeigniter?? Can i use phpProBid ?

[eluser]Zeeshan Rasool[/eluser]
Hi every one,
Hope you will be fine.
I need to ask some thing about Auction system in codeigniter. Is there any available auction system for codeigniter base site? I need to develop a action system for my site.

Requirements are:

1, Members will have the ability to select to auction their item. They will enter the starting price, select their category, and then be directed to make their monthly renewing payment for PayPal. Upon a successful transaction the item will be posted on
the site.
2. Items that are being auctioned will display the current price.
3. Members will have the ability to enter a price for the items that are being sold. Upon
submission the system will email the seller letting them know they have a bid pending approval.
4. Members will have the ability to accept or decline bids. Once accepted the system will
display the buyer's contact information.
5. Payment for the auctions will be external of the site.
6. Admin will manage (create, read, update, delete) all prices per category for the auction
items.

Can i use phpProBid, or can it be easy to integrate in CI site?
Any suggestion would be very important for me.

Thanks a lot !

[eluser]Dragonchaser[/eluser]
I also need one. Anyone wants to pitch in and/or work together on this?

[eluser]TheIgniter[/eluser]
i'm not sure that someone will share this .. You have to code your own!

[eluser]mXc[/eluser]
PhpProBid (PPB) does not use a framework, although they have tried to break up the code into something like an MVC pattern. To integrate PPB into CI will require a rewrite. I did contact PPB about a year ago to offer my help to develop an enterprise version of their auction software, but it never went anywhere. In 2004 I rewrote PPB for my own site. Now I want to expand and update it. This requires a rewrite again. My summer project will use CI as the framework for my new auction site.

[eluser]Dragonchaser[/eluser]
[quote author="mXc" date="1278333501"]My summer project will use CI as the framework for my new auction site.[/quote]

Hi mXc, will this use PhpProBid's functionality? Need any help?

[eluser]mXc[/eluser]
[quote author="Dragonchaser" date="1278786016"]Hi mXc, will this use PhpProBid's functionality? Need any help?[/quote]Similar functionality, but more like my current auction site. I've been looking at other frameworks like kohana, but the problem I keep running into is slow performance. A couple of years ago I created a website based on the "No Framework, PHP MVC framework" article by Rasmus. The website ended up with great performance, so I'm going to use the same framework. I've already started working on the new site. The production server will be setup on Amazon's EC2 image running CentOS 5.5, PHP 5.3.2 with APC and MySQL 5.1.48. I'll let you know if I need help. If you need to get a hold of me, my handle is mXc on the PPB forum where you can send me a PM.

[eluser]Zeeshan Rasool[/eluser]
Thanks to all of you guys, I created our own auction system with php and jquery styles. http://tradestuff4stuff.com/custom/site/open_auctions Check it out. It looks good and fancy Smile

[eluser]shahnawazahmed[/eluser]
so , zeeshan you used PhpproBid for auction system in your site ? actually i am also in the search of auction system library.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB