Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CloudIgniter Is Looking for Beta Testers

[eluser]Zack Kitzmiller[/eluser]
CloudIgniter is a webhost designed for CodeIgniter Developers, and we're getting close to a final launch, but we still have quite a few kinks to work out.

Please signup at http://getcloudigniter.com if you could help us test.

Thank.

[eluser]Sarfaraz Momin[/eluser]
submitted.

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
May I ask what you're using as the backbone? Private servers or rackspacecloud, amazon ec2?

RackSpace Cloud

We really need another (huge) handful of testers. I'm not there's more of you that need at least 30days of free hosting.

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
Hi Zack,

I've been experimenting with different hosting services and your service looks great but it doesn't seem like it's for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading the homepage, it seems like the service is catered towards people who aren't as familiar with codeigniter who would find one-click services helpful. Do you still allow ssh access and custom application installations? Custom OS installations? What about high availability, mysql replication, backup, etc? There aren't many features listed on the homepage besides the one click pyrocms installation

[quote author="danoph" date="1274222493"]Hi Zack,

I've been experimenting with different hosting services and your service looks great but it doesn't seem like it's for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading the homepage, it seems like the service is catered towards people who aren't as familiar with codeigniter who would find one-click services helpful. Do you still allow ssh access and custom application installations? Custom OS installations? What about high availability, mysql replication, backup, etc? There aren't many features listed on the homepage besides the one click pyrocms installation[/quote]

I agree that the homepage isn't entirely useful at this point, but CloudIgniter is definitely built for CodeIgniter developers of all levels, including professionals. The 1-Click installs aren't the meat-and-potatoes of our service, but it does seem to come off that way.

SSH, FTP, and MySQL is available for everyone. Git and SVN are installed. We've done quite a bit of load testing, and thing hold strong even with several thousand simultaneous connections. We also host PyroCMS.com which gets a fairly substantial amount of traffic.

You can install any CodeIgniter (or technically any PHP) application that you'd like. We're working on getting MySQL Replication ready shortly, but will probably not be available before launch.

We're also working on VPS solutions as well, where a custom OS could be installed, but that's probably a couple of months down the road. If you have any more specific questions you can email me directly [email protected].

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
I like the concept...If you are familiar with Slicehost (they started in st louis where I live and were recently acquired by rackspace), they do a great job catering to developers and making custom VPS solutions easy for their developers. I think there is some great opportunity to provide a lot of the server-side stuff that web CodeIgniter developers don't want to think about, like mysql replication, high availability, deployment solutions using things like git/capistrano...Unfortunately, every web application I've developed in the past 2 years requires a custom OS and version of PHP, along with other server-side programs like sphinx search so I wouldn't be able to test your service until those things are up and running. Good luck with the service!

[eluser]Bart v B[/eluser]
Hi Zack,

Just a little detail, i was looking with IE 8 and i got an white website here.
It seems that youre working with html5 so, i understand what the problem is.. ;-)
maybe a IE8 fix would be recomended?

Starting Firefox now, so i hope that i could help you with a test..

[eluser]Mat-Moo[/eluser]
I need to run a small CI application to monitor my server (so need it hosted elsewhere). Can I run CRON jobs in the Mist package?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB