Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI 2.x release?

[eluser]rufnex[/eluser]
Hello CIs,

I've used CI long time ago ... then i switched to ZF but now it's time to come back ;o)

So the CI 1.7 is still based on PHP4 i think? The new CI 2.x is based on PHP5 but there is no stable release date (as i remember about EE it could talk years to come out ;o) Or i'm wrong ... any relase dates in mind? I must use a PHP5 Framework for some of my projects. Any thoughts about?

greets
Rufnex

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
CI 2.0 only deprecated PHP4 support so there is no difference. It still runs on PHP4 and PHP5 just like 1.7.x.

Why "must" you use a PHP5 specific framework? What benefits do you see it bringing you? You can use as much PHP5 as you like in CodeIgniter whatever version you are using ;-)

[eluser]rufnex[/eluser]
Hi Phil,

i should use Namespaces .. so other question. If i build my project with CI 1.7.x is it easy to switch on release to CI 2.x ? I think it is not a god idea to use CI 2.x right now in production.

greets
Rufnex

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Search for "upgrade to codeigniter 2" and you should find my article (on iPhone, find it yourself :-p).

Only use it if you know enough about the core to fix and patch bugs, it's still not stable.

[eluser]rufnex[/eluser]
Found it .. thank you .. i installed and played a bit with CI 2.x looks fine for me, also god to know not to use the old plugin style. thx again!

[eluser]iFadey[/eluser]
<a href="http://philsturgeon.co.uk/news/2010/05/upgrading-to-codeigniter-2.0">Upgrading to CodeIgniter 2.0</a>

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB