Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Strange and basic problem

[eluser]parham90[/eluser]
Hi,

Personally, I thought this bit of code:
Code:
$this->load->view('add');

is the simplest piece of CI code. However, fate has decided to teach me better! I have a website, http://blindmoviebuff.freehostia.com that I am working on. I have put this file in the controllers folder, called movies.php. The contents go like this:

<?php

class Movies extends Controller
{

function Movies()
{
parent::Controller();
}

function add()
{
$this->load->view('add');
}
}
[/code]

However, typing this address:
http://blindmoviebuff.freehostia.com/ind...movies/add
gives me an empty page, with nothing in the HTML source. The question is, "why"? (please note that the file views/add.php exists)

Thanks!

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Do you have a PHP error somewhere and error_reporting is disabled?

What does CI itself log (set log_threshold in the config.php to 4 for debug logging)

[eluser]doangia[/eluser]
i think you should rename views/add.php to another name as add_view.php, tpl_view.php .etc..

Hi,
I did. This is the output, the very last line (there is no talk of the view being loaded and being sent to the user's browser, and so on):

DEBUG - 2010-05-16 17:25:50 --> Controller Class Initialized

Also, by views/add.php I meant in the views folder in the application, there is an add.php file. Smile

[quote author="WanWizard" date="1274033297"]Do you have a PHP error somewhere and error_reporting is disabled?

What does CI itself log (set log_threshold in the config.php to 4 for debug logging)[/quote]

[eluser]mi6crazyheart[/eluser]
insert following piece of codes in u'r top section of add.php file & run.

codes:
------
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
?>

if any error will come then show us.

Hi,

When I did that, still nothing came up, so I decided that whatever it is that is wrong, it is in my view. I went, and this line was the problem (for future reference):
Code:
<?=form_input('name', set_value('name'));

Note that the closing PHP tag (?&gtWink had been forgotten.

Talk about great focus issues! :-)

Thank you all for your help. It is very appreciated.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB