Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter broken link

[eluser]schiller[/eluser]
I'm new in codeigniter. i have a project running perfectly in my localhost. when i deployed, my links seem to be broken. e.g. mysite.com displays the homepage without any error. now, i have a link let's say an about us link e.g. mysite.com/main/about where main is my controller and about is my function. the problem is the about us link is broken e.g. "Oops! This link appears to be broken." i am also sure that i uploaded the htaccess. do you have any idea where did i go wrong? thank you for any positive response.

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
So, you correctly have uploaded the .htaccess file to rewrite the urls? You also correctly enabled mod_rewrite in apache? What do the log files say?

well now here it goes, i removed the htaccess and went back to the default configuration. the url mysite.com/index.php/main/about supposedly must work now but still it gives the same error. isn't it should be correct already and no errors anymore?

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
did you change the $config['base_url'] in the config file to fit the production server ??

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
What kind of errors are you getting? CI errors or webserver errors? Again what does the log file say?

hey clooner got it! its one of the snags of godaddy. instead of mysite.com/index.php/main/about it should be mysite.com/index.php?main/about and it went fine. now my problem is how to make it a pretty url. thanks clooner and i really appreciate spending some time Smile

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
i think the only thing you must change is the "/" to a "?" in the .htacces file
Code:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L] // OLD
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?$1 [L] // NEW

maybe scape the '?' cause it has a meaning in the regex

hi vitoco that seems a good idea. i will update you if it worked fine but i suspect it might really work.

[eluser]mobilizedesign[/eluser]
[quote author="schiller" date="1274913401"]hey clooner got it! its one of the snags of godaddy. instead of mysite.com/index.php/main/about it should be mysite.com/index.php?main/about and it went fine. now my problem is how to make it a pretty url. thanks clooner and i really appreciate spending some time Smile[/quote]

are you talking about making this change in the .htaccess file? or the config.php file?

thx

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB