Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hidden CodeIgniter structure on hosting account

[eluser]Mareshal[/eluser]
I had a request from a client today. He has an application built with CodeIgniter, and he wants to integrate it into they dedicated server, a small CMS to help hist clients.

Is a small hosting company form my town, and he I must accomplish followings:
1. When an user gets a new account, he will have in his root folder ONLY, views folder and necessary config files to let him modify his template.
2. CodeIgniter files and the rest of the application MUST NOT be accessible under no circumstances by the user, neither using ftp or a shell.

P.S. He thinks this is a safer method than encrypting the entire application and let it into user's root.

[eluser]drale2k[/eluser]
For the second point just create a folder for the user out of the CI structure or put it in maybe application/users/username and set the path as the users home folder. So he won`t be able to go out of this directory.

For the first point i am not sure what you mean?

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
I think I understand what you are trying to accomplish. Am I correct that you basically have CI application, that users can create/edit a template that displays their page based on their username.

I think drale2k is right. If you are creating FTP accounts have the home be /application/views/username and like SSH put them in chroot jail, were they can't go up or across the directory tree. Depending on the hosting environment, this should be possible.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Just what I needed, thanks for sharing information.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB