Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Issue / Ticket management system built on CI

[eluser]richzilla[/eluser]
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a free ticket / issue management system built on top of CI. Im building a similar system at the minute, and im looking to get some good ideas.

Cheers

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Not that I'm aware of. It's on our todo list as well (as an ExiteCMS module that is), so I'll be interested in what you can find.

[eluser]richzilla[/eluser]
No problem. When ive got this one done, ill see how the boss feels about open sourcing it, see if anyone else can make use of it.

[eluser]Jelmer[/eluser]
Not in CI but I'm a huge fan of this one: TrellisDesk

Though it's not CI it's very readable code, I made some customizations for my own usage all of which were done in a minute and I could find the right code without problems. The only thing is that it's not as clean as you would like if you're a MVC purist, but it should be fine when you're looking for inspiration on what should be in there and how to solve things.

Just checked it out, but it comes across as very basic.
No ticket tracking, no ticket routing, no information that could be useful in SLA reporting (p.e. helpdesk or support response times, or time to resolve).

But probably fine as an internal tool in a small environment.

[eluser]Jelmer[/eluser]
If found it when I was taking a look around a little over 2 years ago while starting my own company. Back then it was the best on one aspect I thought was important: allowing email piping. And I have at most 3 people working at the same time so I am a small company and don't need a lot scalibility at the moment. But to come a little to the defence: there are many options for different departments, user groups and templates. It's by far not competition for many of the paid alternatives, but on the free segment it's probably one of the best if not the best option.
And to respond specificly: I must admit I'm not sure what "ticket routing" means, you can "escalate" tickets to a different department if that's what you mean? But on the SLA analyses, there is indeed little included - though when you're looking for free products that probably won't be your most important need. Also there's a second version in the works, which will improve much on the backend usability but I'm not sure if any of these are included.

My company (which is about your size, and in the same country Wink) has a division that sells hosted exchange and hosted desktop environments.

I was looking for a ticketing system with which clients can report issues and request stuff (p.e. extra mailbox space, a new desktop, provisioning of a new user, etc), and can route tickets based on the type or contents of the request to the proper support technician (like a sort of workflow system).
From an SLA point of view, you need to know when the ticket was picked up, how long someone has worked on it (you need activate/suspend functionality), how long the ticket was open, when it was resolved. etc.
It also needs to understand the concept of multiple clients, and multiple users that are allowed to create a ticket on behalf of those clients (and only those). It has to be linked to a billing mechanism (we work with pre-sold support tickets), and should be able to trigger something when a ticket is created by a person that is out of support tickets.

Since we run our own framework (eating your own dogfood and all...), I was looking for something I could convert to an ExiteCMS module with a not a lot of effort.
ExiteCMS has it's own authentication system with workflow and TRBAC engine, I'll probably will end up building one myself, maybe reusing some of the logic and/or screens if I can find something suitable.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB