Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
404 Issue

[eluser]dizzyagain[/eluser]
Greetings,

Its not often I actually have to post to find an answer to a question, but the usual google and CI forum searches have so far been fruitless for me.

I have an issue which has me banging my head against the wall - as I cannot even seem to diagnose it correctly - I hope someone knows what I am talking about.

I seem to be getting intermittent 404's now with most of my CI installs. A page will load fine and then clicking an internal link will cause a 404 - then hitting refresh brings the page up. This is very frustrating as it seems the install is working and pages can be served up, but randomly I'll get 404's.

This is especially troubling as I am with dreamhost and using phpMyAdmin it runs under the URL of the site you are working with - and now I seem to be getting CI's 404's every time I try a large operation (such as importing a large sql file).

The fact that it appears to be NOT intermittent in PHPmyadmin has me stumped. This seems to suggest to me that something is timing out and giving me 404's only on big operations.

Two bits of potentially key information:
1.) I have recently moved more rurally and the internet is a bit slower here (not too much slower) - but that shouldn't relate to CI throwing 404's should it? Does CI have some sort of timeout functionality?
2.) I have recently restructured most of my CI installs to get the CI folder lower than the public_html level (and with some domains I share one CI folder with 3 or 4 installs of CI.

Please help!

Kind Regards,
Ilai

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB