Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter with jqtouch

[eluser]shimomura86[/eluser]
I've recently started working with codeigniter and jqtouch, independently of each other, and now I want to integrate them. I've been able to get the first page to load, but as soon as I try to load another page ( via anchor( ) ), my app freezes up. I don't know how other's have done this, but I just need a little help to get me started. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I just have a ul with links:

<ul>
<li class="arrow swipe">&lt;?=anchor('home/dates', 'Dates');?&gt;</li>
</ul>

I was hoping that this would load the next page, and slide to it (jqtouch style)

I could do it all in jQuery, but I would much rather use codeigniter since I am more familiar with php

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
jqtouch doesn't replace codeigniter and vice versa. Codeigniter runs your website, and jqtouch enhances the visual appeal of the site. It seems you maybe asking about not reloading the new link, but perhaps loading it via ajax?

I guess that makes sense, I'm not very familiar with ajax. So theoretically, I would want to load the controller via ajax to a div within the current page, right?

Looks like I'm going to have to do some reading... :-S

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
Either way, you want to create the standard functionality first so the page degrades nicely for users who have js disabled <3% of users. Add in the js next to enhance your interface. You will end up with a behaviour where the menu will operate how you are thinking allowing a user to drill down the menu, but when a link is clicked the page is reloaded. Or, you will end with a interface similar to flash where the page doesn't change. Beware of this concept as every page on your site will have the same url, which will be bad for SEO.

Thanks for the help!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB