Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Internet Explorer 7 / 8 - get/set flashdata problem.

[eluser]CloppiWeb[/eluser]
Hi...again.

I dont know if this is a bug so I ask for your opinion.

Problem:

In my applications every controllers constructor a method is called which checks if user has permission to access this view. If not a flash data is set with key "status_message" and user is redirected to error page. Okay, clear so far.

I have a library class which has these set_message/get_message methods. Set message makes sure that on a request every message is set (by calling set_message method) and get retrieves all set messages. Still cool.

On ff, things run smooth but when I start IE 7 or 8 weird start to happen.

On IE, somehow this permission message is set but user is not redirected, and more weird that message appears 6 or more times. Even If I clear the flash data, click 2 times between pages and message is there again. And the only place where this message is set is on the controllers constructor which should immediately redirect user but this does not happen. As if between requests that dont use flash data it is still there with IE?

Any ideas?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I faced the same problem

I'm trying to solve it right now.. i guess it has to do something with IE's cookie-handling routines.

Perhaps this helps: http://rhsumon.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/...lem-in-ie/

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Just a note here IE will take any underscore character and replace it with a hex value, which I cannot show here because the forums will not allow it. Also it has a lot to do do with IE's cookie configuration.

By default IE doe's not allow session cookies!

1) click on menu option tools then internet options.
2) click on the Privacy tab then click the Advanced button
3) Now see what your IE cookie settings are, I'll bet allow session cookies is un-checked.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB