Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cannot send email with codeigniter librrary in live dedicated server

[eluser]dhaulagiri[/eluser]
It's just amazing, I can send emails using CI and my macbook, but same application is not sending email with dedicated server. All the settings are fine with server. Well, just yesterday it was sending mails.

Is there an alternative good solution for mail ?

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
In order to take CI out of the equation, have you tried sending via a plain old mail() in php? What mail server configuration do you have setup (exim, sendmail)? Do you see the messages in your queue?

[eluser]Simian Studios[/eluser]
Further to pickupman's suggestions, it could be that the mail is being sent, but just not received. CI has a useful email debugging tool, $this->email->print_debugger(), which you can use to help diagnose any problems, so it may be worth setting up a test script which attempts to send an email, then spits out the debug output, to see if that can shed any light..

I had an odd thing happen before once with Exim. I had a message get stuck in the queue, and similar to print spooling, nothing after it would get processed. I deleted the message, and the rest of the queue was sent. And print_debugger can be really helpful, plus your log files. Somewhere there should be some message noting why a message is failing being sent. Or if it is sent, perhaps it has to do with incomplete headers, and getting caught as spam. I have seen mail configurations require you send from a valid email address to prevent your server being used by spammers.

[eluser]dhaulagiri[/eluser]
php mail() function is working but CI email library isn't. I need to send email somehow otherwise my application will be useless, is there any reliable solution ? pls help.

[eluser]Simian Studios[/eluser]
[quote author="dhaulagiri" date="1276196202"]php mail() function is working but CI email library isn't. I need to send email somehow otherwise my application will be useless, is there any reliable solution ? pls help.[/quote]

OK, so have you tried using print_debugger() or looked in the logs to see if there is any info in there?

Plus some code might help. Post the code you've got for sending mail.

[eluser]Zocee[/eluser]
I’m having a weird problem here please see the following link:

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/163620/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB