Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
video uploading issue

[eluser]tim1965[/eluser]
Hi

I am really struggling with a video upload page. Ironically its not the upload or the video conversion that is giving me a problem, its the upload page.
Hers some background. I use Uploadify to actually upload the files, I decided to use this because it showed a per cent complete flash file for the user. However the per cent complete only relates to the upload part of the process. I then have to call a controller to move the files, rename them, insert into a db, and run ffmpeg to convert the different formats toa standard .flv format. So heres my issue, because the video files may be upwards of 60Mb the ffmpeg conversion to .flv can take upto 2 minutes per file. I need to either route the user to a view saying "we are processing your file" or display a screen message and disable the browse button on the uploadify screen, whilst the exec ffmpeg is running, and the redirect or reload the page.
I initially tried loading a new page and then running exec but this wont allow me to load the page until after the exec ffmpeg has finished.
So now i want to see if i can load a css div from my controller over the browse button and the re-load the page from my controller.

So the question is, is this possible, and if so can someone show me an example of how to do this. Also if somebody knows of a better way to acheive what i am attempting to do, feel free to let me know.
Thanks in advance

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB