Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Google Voice Library

[eluser]jgdovin[/eluser]
I have taken code found around the internet for using the unofficial Google Voice API and modified it to fit into a library. This code is in very early development, if anyone wants to contribute bug fixes or suggestions let me know.

the library is available at BitBucket.

Example Uses for now:

Code:
$settings['login'] = '[email protected]';
$settings['pass'] = 'mygooglepassword';
$this->load->library('gvoice');

function send_sms()
{
    $this->gvoice->send_sms('5555551212', 'My message goes here');
}

function make_call()
{
    // First number is number your calling, second is number associated
    // with account you want it to forward the call to
    $this->gvoice->call_number('5555551111', '5554544521');
}

It can also get your unread text messages and voicemails.

More features to come, open to suggestions.

As stated this is V.02, very new and very much beta.

[eluser]jgdovin[/eluser]
minor update: moved the email and password to a config file. Everything seems to work pretty good, any suggestions on how to improve or other requests?

[eluser]adamfairholm[/eluser]
This is one of those libraries where I really want to built something that needs it just so I can use it. Looks pretty awesome. When I figure out something to use it for I will report with some feedback!

[eluser]jgdovin[/eluser]
[quote author="adamfairholm" date="1277254110"]This is one of those libraries where I really want to built something that needs it just so I can use it. Looks pretty awesome. When I figure out something to use it for I will report with some feedback![/quote]

Lol thanks for letting me know someone is interested at least. I agree, there are many great things this could be used for, im still deciding myself what to do with it. But I wanted the functionality to build a little remind me text app that texted me reminders.

So that will be the first little app I create out of this, hopefully someone else will come up with some cool use for the getting text version of voicemails, or getting unread texts. Who knows.

[eluser]Philipp GĂ©rard[/eluser]
Too bad GV isn't (yet) available in "my country" :/

[eluser]adamfairholm[/eluser]
They just opened up to the public here yesterday - no more invites! I hope it really starts to take off now.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB