Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Friendly urls in Internet explorer

[eluser]pesho_h_k[/eluser]
Hello,

I'm experiencing a problem with a website I'm doing - some of his pages don't open in Internet Explorer Sad ... in other browsers all is OK. But in IE I see only a white page.

Example link: http://www.groupday.com/city/los-angeles/ (all the links from the expanding div on the top of the page are causing this)

When I dumped, searching for the problem, I found out that actually it doesn't open even the index.php file Sad ... so I guess my .htaccess file is incorrect.

Here it is (the local version, the problem appears on local too):

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|stuff|img|images|favicon\.ico|userfiles|fckeditor|arial\.ttf)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /Oriann/Groupday/index.php/$1 [L]

Apache 2 is the webserver, php 5.3 local, 5.1 or 5.2 on the webserver.

Thanks in advance Smile

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
This might be a long shot but are you using mod_deflate(compresses output serverside)? Also check in your config.php $config['compress_output']. Is it set to TRUE? Then try to set it FALSE. I've had problems with older IE with mod_deflate and compression(even with the configuration that supposed to turn compression off if browser is IE).

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I checked, and the setting is FALSE ... and there, in the comment, it was said that something is outputting to the browser before any content.

The only thing I could think of is a hook I created so it store the last six visited pages, and there, at the end of "sess_write, when it must send a cookie, it produced an error "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output ..." ... but the problem there was the content of the pages themselves (in my opinion) ... so I removed the hook.

Also, I noticed that in the status bar of IE it says "Downloading ..." ... so I guess it's opening the page and downloads the content ...

And also - there were some images in the CSS that were unavailable, and I cleared them out.

What the **** is goin' on ? ...

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
[quote author="pesho_h_k" date="1277423045"]"Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output ..."[/quote]

This is probably caused by whitespace before or after your php tags. When you created your hook look in file, likely at the bottom. You can omit the last close php tag, as it is not needed in php 5.x That will eliminate an issue of whitespace at the end. Check at the above your opening php tag, nothing should be above it.

If that all checks out, make sure you are not echoing/dumping any data here, as it get sent to the browser before the output class causing this error to happen.

Thank Smile

I checked again, and yes, I have created this good habit to remove the closing php tag ... so this is no the problem ...

As I've noticed there isn't anything at the begining of the file.

(and the hook was "post system" ... so I think the reason for "Header already started ..." is that the content of the page was sent before the hook)

Any way, I still can't understand the problem with the white page ... 8-/ ...

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
No offense, but your source code is bad. It looks like Front Page 2000. I digress, but it seems you have improperly closed the div#floatdiv. So the whole page is wrapped inside this element with css rule display:none. Looks like FF & Chrome let you get away with this one.

Don't worry about the offense Smile ... actually the two internal divs in the floatdiv are containing content, that is populated through visual editor, so this means the code that this editor is generating is actually not OK ... Sad ... or the entered by the client content is somehow broken ...

Thanks a lot, I'll revise it later.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB