CodeIgniter 1.5.5 update

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Updates are always great! Thanks to the team!

[eluser]haekal[/eluser]
Can't wait for the next update.
I hope on the next update, the user guide will be more complete and more detail.

Keep up for the great works.
Thanks

[eluser]Neovive[/eluser]
Great! I'm especially looking forward to the new Session library. Do you know if the update is coming prior to the end of this month? I'm trying to time a new CI project.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
I don’t have a specific timeline right now, but you can just grab the new session library from the svn if you want. I outlined the files you need in my blog if you'd like. That part is stable and working nicely.

[eluser]Alex007[/eluser]
Quick question... does the updated session lib save it's stuff to the database, or does it still store it in a cookie no matter what session_use_database is set to ?

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
It performs the same as the previous library does. Using the database will store the default session information in the database and your custom session variables in the cookie. Without the database, everything is cookie based.

[eluser]Christian Land[/eluser]
Just a little question: what about the speed-improvements that were posted in the forums before the 1.5.4 release and that weren't included in 1.5.4 - are they now added to 1.5.5 ? I added most of them manually to my CI and i'm not that thrilled to do the same work again.

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
[quote author="Christian Land" date="1190383292"]Just a little question: what about the speed-improvements that were posted in the forums before the 1.5.4 release and that weren't included in 1.5.4 - are they now added to 1.5.5 ? I added most of them manually to my CI and i'm not that thrilled to do the same work again.[/quote]

Curious about this, but emphasize the word curious.

Should those improvements not make it in 1.5.5, you might save some time using file comparison software like BeyondCompare or WinMerge. These allow you to load two files and visually compare the differences. They also allow you to quickly move code from one file to the other. Both the applications mentioned above are for Windows, but you might find comparable software for other operating systems. BeyondCompare is commercial and WinMerge is open source (available on SourceForge).

[eluser]Neovive[/eluser]
If you use UltraEdit on Windows ... UltraCompare also works very well and comes with a free basic version and low cost professional version that links directly into UltraEdit.

[eluser]Crimp[/eluser]
BBEdit? File comparison included. Or use FileMerge from Apple's dev tools.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew