Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.5.5 update

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Just wanted to drop in and give a quick update. There's been enough activity on the back end to justify a 1.5.5 version, including feature enhancements, and a few other nice things. If you've been watching the SVN, you've probably seen a few nice changes - but there has been other work behind the scenes by the Grand Poo Bah. (pooba? poo-ba? - how is that spelled?)

What happens next is that I have to get all my changes merged in with the work that Rick and Derek Jones have been doing. After that, it'll probably be time for a release.

I don't have a specific timeline right now, but I just wanted to touch base and say "hey, we're working on it... hold tight!" so here I am. Wink

Work continues to progress!

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Is there a changelog available yet?

Not really. Some of the stuff I've added is in the svn, but other stuff not so much.

I just wanted to do a formal communication with the community, let you all know that we're working hard Wink

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
I have a minor request, but it tripped someone up here on the forums a few days ago.

In the documentation database/connecting.html it reads:
Quote:The "auto connect" feature will load and instantiate the database class with every page load. To enable "auto connecting", add the word database to the core array, as indicated in the following file:

It should be:
Quote:The "auto connect" feature will load and instantiate the database class with every page load. To enable "auto connecting", add the word database to the libraries array, as indicated in the following file:

[eluser]coolfactor[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1189728664"]Not really. Some of the stuff I've added is in the svn, but other stuff not so much.
[/quote]

Great, as if we didn't have enough code to look at now, CodeIgniter's website is being converted to raw html. :p

(Thanks for your hard work, Ellis crew!)

Hey, I contemplated making you read ones and zeros... you're getting off easy! :bug:

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
An update just as I'm about to embark on a new project, perfect! Smile

[eluser]david-csd[/eluser]
Thanks for the update!

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
Thanks EllisLabs...very much appreciated.

[eluser]MrEnirO[/eluser]
Great news!
Keep up the great work.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB