Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
session library creating double session entries into database

[eluser]blzabub[/eluser]
I have a small app running that uses some simple authentication for a password protected admin section. It works flawlessly on my local development environment. When I put it up on my test server remotely, when a user logs in, the authentication system produces an extra session entry in the session database. Instead of recognizing the existing session, it creates a second session. This only happens when I turn on-

$config['sess_encrypt_cookie'] = TRUE;

When I leave session cookie encryption off, it does not create the extra session.

This breaks the app as the original session has the correct user authentication information in it and the second session does not, so the app kicks the user out as being "unauthorized". Again, this works perfectly in a local testing environment, and also works perfectly when session cookie encryption is turned off.

As I'm not very experienced with PHP, sessions, cookies, encryption, I'm not sure what code to post to elaborate on this problem. If anyone is willing to help, I'd appreciate any insight, especially if you've seen this problem before.

Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB