Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multiple Application parts

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have a slightly complex problem that I have been searching around for for a bit have yet to find any solutions.

Basically I am planning on building myself a new CMS which I want to be extendible with modules. When it comes to installing a module I don't want to require the user to do anything except upload the folder into the modules folder.

I then want a module to almost be it's own little application in a folder. It needs to have its own routes, controllers, views, models and even libraries.

I think I have in my head how I would do the routes, but somehow I need to have the system understand when looking for a controller, model and library to check all the different folders within all the modules available.

Does what I am trying to do sound sane and if it does, how would you go about hooking this into the system? I have been through the loader and the load functions being used and I can think of a couple of ways but all my methods seem very hacky and I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas.

Thanks for any help.

[eluser]GSV Sleeper Service[/eluser]
'modular separation' may be just what you need, see this link for more details http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/121820/

check out the sturgeons blog too while you're at it - clicky

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
By the looks of it, that does exactly what I am after. I did see something like this when searching, but perhaps I hit an old topic. I will keep reading, but I think this is solved, thankyou very much.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Take a look at PyroCMS and you will see how it all fits together!

InsiteFX

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1278144492"]Take a look at PyroCMS and you will see how it all fits together!

InsiteFX[/quote]
Exactly, you have pretty much described PyroCMS.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB