Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
super simple backend auth without library script?

[eluser]lexusgs430[/eluser]
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has a super simple authorization script they could share. Basically, Im just looking to secure my backend page area for myself, I dont need the ability to add users and what not, I just need to keep the backend secure, even with a stored password script (if that is still a secured method). Although I guess just a simple 1 table based option would work too!

[eluser]moodh[/eluser]
if($password != 'yourpassword') {
die('nuh-uh');
}

=)

well I guess I didnt think through my question enough. I guess Id like it to have enough complexity to say if user is not logged in, redirect to login page, somehow Ill have to store it in a session or something so I dont have to relog in everytime I change a page in my backend area.

[eluser]moodh[/eluser]
My point is that everything you asked can be done with 5 minutes, why can't you do it yourself?

.....because I dont fully understand how to do it correctly. I have only been using codeigniter since June 21st.... (and this is the first real php coding Ive done besides using things like str_replace and other little helper functions).

And I have an idea of how to do it but if theres one thing Ive learned its that there is usually a better way to do something, then when I initially think of trying to accomplish a particular task. So I was hoping someone smarter than me could show me how to do that.....

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
If he knew how to do it I am sure he would not be asking
how to do it...

Check out ION Auth should be great for what you need.

Do a forum search for it.

InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB