Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Filebrowser for MVC development?

[eluser]joshbuckley[/eluser]
Hi, I was wondering if a filebrowser suited towards mvc development existed?

I'm asking because i've found going to a controller to work on it, then navigating to the related models and views to be tedius. If the filebrowser automatically navigated the same path for the models and views directories, all in the same window, it'd be quicker to access the files I need.

Something like this: http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3972/...owserg.jpg

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
How would a file browser know what you consider "related"?

You could work around that by using an editor that knows about "projects", such as UltraEdit, Netbeans, etc. Or use version control + a proper vc client.

[eluser]joshbuckley[/eluser]
Well, I don't know about how other people do it, but if I had a controller gallery.php, the views for it would be in /views/gallery.

I'm planning on looking into vc and maybe using a different editor, only thing stopping me really is time. Don't suppose you know a good tutorial (for a complete beginner to it) for a good vc system?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Don't think you will find a file browser that has that kind of (user specific) logic on board.

Which VC is a matter of preference, and compatibility with any upstream repositories. For the moment I (still) work with Subversion, I don't have a need for distributed development features that warrant a migration to Mercurial or Git.

Most VC clients show a tree-view of your local working copy. When you're working on 'gallery', only fold the 'views/gallery' folder open, and you can directly access all files.

[eluser]TheIgniter[/eluser]
i like phpdesigner , it suit codeigntier..

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB