Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
"wrap it up" silly question

[eluser]belial[/eluser]
Today i ran into codeigniter. I must say i am loving the ideea of programming in such a flexible yet dinamic way. My knowledge of php is at a medium level, however i was reading the userguide (not finished it, but will be) and asked myself the question: "ok, let's say i've done a cute little site and now want to "extract" it from the codeigniter folder; how can i do that ?".
I'm using wamp on my localhost and so far i'm very into this. I'd like to know how am i going to "take" my "site files" out of CodeIgniter dir and run them on another host ?

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
CI is a framework that runs on your webhost. So, while developing your site (in WAMP) everything will be in your htdocs folder, just as if you had developed all of the files yourself.

Then, when it's time to go live - simply upload to your hosting.

The framework is nothing more than a collection of php files. There's no IDE, scripts, etc, that you will have to pull out prior to going live.

[eluser]belial[/eluser]
No wonder i tagged the question as silly Smile
So, i can "code" a website on my local host and when i'm done with it just upload the whole CodeIgniter dir content into the root of the new location (with making the imposed adjustments if using a db of course).
Thanks for your fast reply.
However, are there any unnecessary dirs/docs ?

When you unzip CI you will be presented with:

Quote:\system\
\user_guide\
license.txt
index.php

You can omit the 'user_guide' folder, everything else should be uploaded. Everything you do for your application can be found in the \system\application\ folder. There you will find a folder for controllers, views, models, and much more.

You could also go through and delete libraries that you aren't loading (or that aren't loaded by the framework itself).

Honestly, there's no point because these files truthfully are not loaded until you tell them to be, so there's no overhead in terms of processing or bandwidth by having them there but not using them. There would be no difference whether they were there or not.

[eluser]belial[/eluser]
really helpful your posts mate.
thanks in advance.
well, i guess thats it; all that remains now for me is to complete reading the user-guide and get started with this kick-ass php framework jewl.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB