Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Combining CI with xataface for instant datagrid CRUD & more

[eluser]walterbyrd[/eluser]
Xataface is described as "a flexible and shapable skin that sits on top of MySQL, making it accessible to every-day users. It automatically generates the appropriate forms, lists, and menus for a user to interact with the database without having to know any SQL."

With xataface you can instantly create a CRUD datagrid, and if you want, insert that datagrid into a codeigniter application. I have already tried it, it works.

All you need to do is create a xataface site which uses the codeigniter database. That takes about two minutes. Then link to that, and link back.

After that, you can edit the xataface site to have the same look and feel as your codeigniter app. I have done that also.

Although I have not done this yet, I think you would be able to integrate xataface authentication system with codeigniter.

I have used xataface in the past. It is very fast and easy way to develop CRUD apps. Some features include inline editing, searching, sorting, pagination, easy menu creation, and some relational ability.

http://xataface.com/admin.php?-action=home

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB