Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Carbogrid - datagrid and CRUD

[eluser]dioslaska[/eluser]
CarboGrid is a datagrid and CRUD (create/update/delete) for CodeIgniter >= 2.0

Carbogrid 0.9 is out.

What changed?

- Instead of setup stored in the database, the Carbogrid library is initialized with a config array
- Multiple grids per page are now supported
- Full ajax history
- Filtering now supports different operators (=, !=, <, <=, >, >=, like, not like, starts, ends)
- Multi-column sort
- New types: date, time, datetime, experimental file upload

Carbogrid is hosted now on Google Code and has a new site at carbogrid.com

Visit the site to download, try the live demo and read the documentation

[eluser]happydude[/eluser]
So, how about binding Datatables Jquery plugin and Datamapper Overzealous Edition ORM... and building something great outta that.

Been through your site. Great job! Forget Datatables... but I would still like to see it integrated with DMZ

Thanks for the reply and advice, happydude. I will think about the DMZ integration as an option. In the meantime i would like to proceed with developing the CarboModel, which is not exactly an ORM, but will have the same benefits + form generation. The main advantage compared to DMZ would be, that I don't have to create a new model, every time I add a new table, i only have to make the setup in the database ( = no changes in the source code). I will release a preview of CarboModel within the next few days.
Anyway, DMZ is still a good idea, expecially for those, who are already using it and would like to use CarboGrid.

I really need this kind of grid system for a project I'm presently working on. When do you project CarboModel will be ready?

[eluser]ronnie_nsu[/eluser]
Excellent!!!waiting for the upcoming features!!!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I haven't tested it yet, but checked out the demo. Love it specially the example with CarboModel. Waiting for the full release. This will be very helpful I guess.

Thanks for the feedbacks.
@happydude: Ready with full features... i don't know, i'm doing it in my spare time. But I try to make a useful release next week I hope. Unfortunatly we had a server failure at the company I work for, so this gives me I few days of hard work, no time for fun.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
How to develop the carbo model, which is equal to 1 in the example model, since already appreciate the attention

Long time no updates... Things are getting crazy over here in Romania and I have to work hard for a living, no time for my project.. Sad

Anyway, I released version 0.8, which includes now CarboModel with some basic features. The main idea is, to be able to add/edit/delete more tables and fields based on a database setup, without the need to modify the application code for every new table and/or field you add.

Now you are able to create new tables and fields, you can define relationships within tables (no database relations are created for now, foreign key integrity is maintained in the model), and some validation rules for the fields.

So that's it for now, check out http://carbogrid.sourceforge.net/tables/ to see and understand more. Download is also available. Update scripts will not be available until something production ready comes out.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB